Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beastly

Well, Beasty Boy the fox continues to grow up. He has started to produce the musk that is the fox's hallmark of the adolescent and adult animal. He's free to run about all day long. Beasty reveals his intelligence if not his willingness to go it alone. He has figured out what doorknobs do, and when he decides it is time to come inside the house -- as he has today because it is raining -- he leaps at the doorknob in an effort to open the door. If he ever develops hands, I'm in trouble. Still I know I have raised an animal which at least has the good sense to come in out of the rain. In other ways, the fox is showing his independence as he growls at me if I try to convince him to do something he does not like. However, if I wander outside to sit on the deck I find myself with a lap full of fox who has now decided that I am some sort of humungous chew toy.

And so it goes . ..

No comments: